What are Standard Size Banners?
Standard size banners are vinyl, mesh, fabric, or canvas banners that are within the sizes of 1’ x 1’ to 8’ x 50’.
What Material are your Standard Size Banners Made of?
For standard size banners, you will have 5 material options. These options include 13 oz premium matte vinyl, 13 oz premium gloss vinyl, 18 oz extra heavy duty matte vinyl, 8 oz. PVC polyester vinyl mesh, and polyester fabric.
What is the Thickness of your Standard Size Banners?
Our standard size banners come in either 13 oz or 18 oz. The 13 oz vinyl material is great for both indoor and outdoor use. If you were looking for a more heavy-duty material that is also more durable, the 18 oz would be a great choice.
What is the Size of Standard Size Banners?
Our standard size banners can range from 1’ x 1’ all the way to 8’ x 50’. If you would like a banner that is larger than 8’ x 50’, we have larger options on our Oversized Banners page.
What Other Types of Banners do you Offer? Do you Offer Mesh, Fabric, or Canvas Banners?
We offer a wide variety of banner options such as Mesh Banners, Fabric Banners, and Canvas Banners. But we also offer Pop Up Banners, Championship Banners, Text Only Banners, Step and Repeat Banners, and Pole Banners.
Do your Standard Size Banners come Double-sided?
Yes! Our double sided banners are available in 3 material choices – 13 oz. gloss vinyl, 13 oz. matte vinyl, and 18 oz. extra heavy duty vinyl, giving you options for both appearance (gloss or matte) as well as durability (18 oz.). Double sided banners have a max print size of 6’ x 30’.
Top 5 Ways to Hang your Banner?
- Ball Bungees
- We always recommend hanging our banners with ball bungees, it is our preferred hanging method. Ball bungees are simply the best option for hanging standard size banners. These bungees are designed to give the banner the hold and flexibility to make sure it stays in place and never gets damaged. This is because, if you are using all provided grommets, tension will be evenly distributed throughout the banner. Improving performance in windy conditions and extended use.
- Zip Ties
- Zip ties are an efficient alternative to using ball bungees. They will have enough of a hold to ensure the banner stays in place. We still recommend using zip ties in all grommets to ensure an even distribution of tension across the banner.
- Pole Pockets
- Pole pockets are a fantastic way to hang your banner if you have more control over where your banner will be hung. Using a pole or dowel, you can easily slip your banner onto the pole and have a perfect amount of tension across your banner.
- Using Bolts and Washers
- Bolts, screws and washers are a good choice if there are limited alternatives. We never recommend punching the screws or bolts directly into the banner material, but instead to insert them into all the grommets provided.
- String Through Grommets
- We do not recommend this option if installing your banner outside, but string is a good alternative if hanging options are limited. With string, you can hang your banner from more improvised holders. We always recommend applying an even distribution of tension throughout the banner.
Installation & Product Care FAQs
How do I Install my Standard Size Banners?
Hems and grommets or pole pockets can be added to your vinyl banner. We recommend placing ball bungees on ALL grommets provided if you select hems and grommets. This will spread the tension uniformly, resulting in a banner that is as clean and wrinkle-free as possible.
Our pole pockets are another way to hang your new banner. There will be no increase in the end size of your banner if pole pockets are chosen. Pole pockets come in three sizes: 2", 3", and 4". When choosing pole pockets, we don't recommend placing any text or images within 3 inches of the banner's edge.
Pole Pocket Finishing Options
- 2" Pole Pockets - fits a pole 3/4" in diameter
- 3" Pole Pockets - fits a pole 1 1/4" in diameter
- 4" Pole Pockets - fits a pole 1 1/2" in diameter
For more information on how to hang your banner using ball bungees please visit our how to hang a banner page or check us out on YouTube.
How Do I Properly Store my Standard Size Banner?
When your custom holiday banner is not being used, make sure that you roll the banner up. Keep the printed side out when you roll the banner to protect the inks. To prevent the banner from bending, you should keep the box it was shipped in and store it in there. You should also keep your banner out of extreme heat. Avoid windows or other direct sunlight.
How do I Remove Wrinkles from my Standard Size Banners?
After receiving your vinyl banner, you may notice it has some creases or wrinkles. This is due to it being rolled up and stored for shipping. If you wish to get rid of these unsightly wrinkles from your custom vinyl banner, we recommend two options.
The first and least hands-on approach is to simply unroll your vinyl banners and place them in the hot sun for a few hours and the wrinkles should come out.
The second option is more of a hands-on approach, and we recommend using a clothing steamer with a refillable water tank. Simply just use the steamer much like you would with a piece of clothing and this steamer should take the wrinkles right out!
For more information, check out our YouTube video on how to remove wrinkles from your banner