How to Make a Custom Feather Flag
By Naomi Golbeck
Table of Contents
- Choose your Flag Size
Feather flags are stylish and versatile with sharp, eye-catching edges. Many people choose this flag shape versus a rectangle or teardrop flag because they have a point to make, but they don’t want to be invasive about it. Plus, these custom flags can be used indoors or outdoors.
Rectangle flags have a fairly large printing surface, which makes them great for sharing a lot of information, but not so great for minor signage or less-complex messaging. In contrast, teardrop flags are like Wee Bear’s chair—a little bit too small for some projects. They also flap in the wind like a bicycle-spoke ribbon, and that feature isn’t appealing to everyone.
Whether you need to share a “NO WAKE!” message at the end of a dock on a bay or advertise colorful petunias for sale, you will be pleased with one of our custom razor flags.
Choose Your Flag Size
Size is the vertical height minus the pole hardware, like cross bases. We offer four different flag sizes:
- Choose single or double-sided.
- Choose whether you want pole hardware included.
- If you have a vector design, then upload your artwork. If you would like to design your own flag using one of our razor flags design templates, download the template, customize your design, and then upload it.
- Whichever option you choose, a qualified designer will ensure that it looks good.
- We will send you a proof. You will need to approve the proof by replying to the email, “approved”. This pushes your order into production.
- Watch our proprietary Live Order Tracking for production updates until your product ships. Then wait with child-like anticipation for UPS to deliver your razor flag!
Soon you will receive a beautiful product, without breaking the bank. Our feather flags have an estimated outdoor life expectancy of 3-6 months, so be sure to store them in a cool, temperate location when not in use. If your flag needs a bath, then we advise using cold water on a delicate cycle—with an optional smidge of non-bleach detergent.
For more summery signage, try one of our wind-friendly mesh banners.
Naomi Golbeck is a content creator and marketing generalist at Banners.com. She has a diverse background in sales and customer service, but her real passion has always been writing. She is originally from Minneapolis, MN. and is a recent transplant to central MN. Naomi enjoys fishing, hiking and loves hockey.